Welcome to the District of Taylor’s Taylor Talks page.
Every day your municipal council and employees are making decisions on your behalf. Should we plow this road, should we fix this gate, should we host this event. Planning for the future of our community is important and complicated, and we need to make sure that we are making the right decision for you and for the community.
We need your input, and this page is one place for you to have your say. The District has adopted best practices from the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2). The information, surveys, and feedback you will find here are based on the IAP2 core values and spectrum.
Because every topic is different, each engagement will be different. In addition to this page, we will reach out to you in a variety of ways including; Pop Up Town Halls, Community Events, Focus Groups, Council Public Meetings, and one on one conversations.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. Together we build community.
Core Values for the Practice of Public Participation
- Public participation is based on the belief that those who are affected by a decision have a right to be involved in the decision-making process.
- Public participation includes the promise that the public's contribution will influence the decision.
- Public participation promotes sustainable decisions by recognizing and communicating the needs and interests of all participants, including decision makers.
- Public participation seeks out and facilitates the involvement of those potentially affected by or interested in a decision.
- Public participation seeks input from participants in designing how they participate.
- Public participation provides participants with the information they need to participate in a meaningful way.
- Public participation communicates to participants how their input affected the decision.
Stay Up To Date
Get email notifications whenever new engagements are added!